Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let's start at the very beginning, it's a very good place to start....



But first.....a dedication and a confession. I want to say that this blog is partially dedicated to my good friend Patience who has consistently and diligently harassed me to start one for the last year. Look- I did it!
My confession: I haven't been motivated to start a blog because they seem so open and narcissistic...and maybe competitive-and I've been told addictive! But as time has gone by I can really see how much I'm missing by not having one. I really want to be connected to the people we love. I LOVE seeing pictures of new babies, and Halloweens, and Birthdays, and family- the stuff of life! So I just wanted to say.....that the pictures I display will probably be the "best of", my favorite, flat out best picture of that month, and in no way an accurate reflection of my everyday, ho-hum day. I will probably not include images of tantrums, spills, fights, messes, or pictures of me going stark-raving mad. No, no, I will leave those all behind, and what's left is what makes life beautiful.

2 comments:

Roney Family said...

You are so awesome. I absolutly love it. This is great. I am glad my pressure has worked. I cant wait to feel more in touch with your family. Hey, you could look at phone's e-mails, and vacations all the same way. But if you use it as a point of keeping up with people and seeing what is going on in there life, I think it's not superficial. Although it can be, just dont make it about that. But every now and then we all want to look at the adorable pictures of your kids and see the accomplishments and new steps in life they take. They way we can feel closer even if we live six hours away. Glad you made the jump. It looks awesome!!! Thanks friend.

Nettie said...

Same here. I don't care for the showy stuff, but I also don't want to spill all of the junk that goes on every other day...so I just hope the readers can get that I air the highlights and leave the rest up to their imagination. I love your realness.