Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Surprise

No, not that kind I would die- this is different. Yesterday I took Sienna to the store because she promised she would be the "best girl ever." We were at the store for about an hour and a half and she was perfect.

We had a great time together. She charmed everyone who wanted to talk to her and smiled at everyone. She really can be such a ray of sunshine. People are drawn to her and want to engage her. You can really see that she is special.

Anyway, so we're driving home and I was thinking about how well she behaved. I guess I had a bewildered look on my face because Sienna asked;


"What are you thinking Mommy?"

"I was just thinking how happy I am because you were so good at the store."

"Yeah. You didn't know I was going to do that!"

(laughter)

"No, I didn't know you were going to do that."

"I wanted to surprise you!"

(more laughter)

"What a nice surprise honey...."


P.S. I wanted to do something special for her so I took her to a nearby Nail Salon. We walked in and I told her we were going to get her nails painted. Her eyes turned into marbles- "really Mommy??" When the guy told her she could pick out any color she wanted from a huge shelf her jaw dropped. Color of choice? "Pink. And sparkles on top."

No comments: