Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer


Can I just say I'm through? I'm over you Summer. Be gone. Farewell. Good-bye. Bon Voyage. Good riddance.




(Yes, the kids are smiling at this moment but can usually be found/heard fighting. Hence the picture....an actual happy moment)





I can only come up with so many ideas, and read so many books. The kids are over the slip n' slide, and the kiddy pool, and playing with the garden hose.

I've been feeling couped up and crabby all week and the kids are climbing the walls. In an act of inspiration or desperation I pulled out a bunch of cooking stuff the other day and had the kids "cook."


And dare I say it? I think the Popsicles may have lost their magical powers....to keep the children "entertained" outside.
Wesley now uses them as "pens" and scribbles all over the ground. Today he decided to "draw" on the screen door and then lick it off. Nice.

I want to let the kids go hog wild at the park. I want fresh air, and evening walks. I want warm sweaters, cool breezes, and fuzzy socks.

Goodbye Summer-I'm so over you!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Roney Family said...

All I have to say is, MOVE BACK TO CALIFORNIA FRIEND!!! We miss you!

The Herberts said...

I am with you on this...I am looking forward to fall - cooler temperatures, but not enough for coats!

The Bottjer Family said...

I hear ya. Bring on the sweatshirts and scarfs!!!! I can't wait to take Landon to the park for the first time.

Unknown said...

Oh, my how Wesley and Sienna have grown this past year. Viewing last year's pics in contrast to this year surely paints a thousand words. They are so adorable! Can I live at your house and be their nanny?

Ugh! Licking the screen. Yet so kid-like you just want to chuckle.