Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Spell

It's official. Halloween is here. Hurrah! Somewhere between 2006 and 2007 I fell in love with Halloween. It never used to be one of my favorites....but somehow it's squirmed it's way into my heart. I loved everything we did last October. We had so much fun. I love getting the kids dressed up in costumes to trick-or-treat and going to Schnepf Farm for the Pumpkin Festival. Yes, there is definitely a dark side to Halloween but there's also the smell of mulled cider, the colors of fall (or at least the prettiest colors my 99 cent "fall foliage" can provide) and the warm glow of pumpkins grinning at night....there are haunting moons, a sense of wonder and excitement, a sense of tradition, full of color, candy and laughter........or perhaps just maybe.....Halloween has cast a spell on me.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Roney Family said...

Maybe its because your kids are adorable and look cute in Halloween Costumes!