Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Move


Sienna's last dinner with her best friend Alyssa. We flew to Oklahoma the next morning.
I sent out a S.O.S to my sister Marissa....and she came and saved the day. Armed with moral support and sympathetic smiles...she flew with me and the kids from Phoenix to Tulsa and stayed to help for a few days. We had just landed and Nathan picked us up when I took this picture of Sienna and Aunt "Mimi."
Poor Monkey.....the most surprising part of the move was how hard it was on Wesley. I guess I didn't give him enough credit....I just didn't think the move would really matter to him, or that he would notice. But I was dead wrong. He was crying and asking to go home several times a day. It was like he had a complete personality change. Overnight he became very aggressive, disagreeable and emotional. Here's Aunt Mimi is reading books to the kids before bedtime at the hotel.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sad that Wesley was longing for the ol' familiar. However, He is cognoscente that the people he loves most are constant and unchanging.

What a terrific pic of your sweet love, Nathan. You know how to capture the true essence of his natural, warm, inviting smile and twinkle in his eyes. You, two, are so good for each other. I whole heartedly agree with you when you say he is such a hard worker and gives over-the-top attention to whatever you may be engaged doing. Aunt Sue