Monday, June 15, 2009

Friends

So I was thinking about blogs.....and how I love being able to take quick glimpses into people's lives and see how they're doing. It makes it feel.....in small way that we haven't moved as much as we really have. I also LOVE seeing every one's cute kids and family milestones but.....I often wonder about my friends....what are my friends up to? You know....personally....things that are going on in their lives that don't involve kids or families.
So with that said......I decided to jot down some things about me...just random things I've been doing lately (P.S. I tagged some friends at the bottom):
Every once and awhile when I am fried, or exhausted I'll take myself to the dollar theater down the street to catch a movie. I feel brave and independent when I do this.
I bleached my teeth a few weeks ago...which I have been wanting to do since forever. Wish the results were more extreme...should of listened to the ditsy girl who told me to sit in the chair longer.
I am trying to read a book called "Outliers," that is a sociological look at what factors come into play in the success of someone's life....what sets successful people a part from the rest. It sounded fascinating in an article I read months ago buuuuuuttttt I'm still hanging out in chapter 1. Maybe that's why Nathan and I aren't successful??
I am working with the young women now at church and I am constantly amazed at the responsibility I feel for these girls.....overnight. I think about them during the week and I worry about their struggles. It has been so interesting to teach them every week, and remember my experiences as a teenager.
I have picked out 2 really, really bad movies recently which Nathan will probably not let me forget for the remainder of the year. Don't waste your money or your brain cells on seeing "The Soloist" or "My Life in Ruins."
I am taking a class called, "Mothering without Guilt" and I love it. I am plagued with guilt...partly because I am a hopeless perfectionist, not helped with unrealistic expectations I have about being a Mom..or what it means to be a "good Mom" and do I ever measure up. So on and so forth into the eternities. It's a great class and so insightful! If you're reading this Jen or Christy- thank you for leading the class!
I have a new favorite restaurant....well, my new favorite Italian restaurant to be exact. It's called Oliveto and it's wonderful. My absolute favorite....I'm talking I think about this food during the week...probably every week, is their Bruschetta Sundae. It's a martini glass filled with the tastiest bruschetta you've ever had in your life with toasted sourdough bread.
I also started taking a photography class that won my heart when I read the tag line,
"this class will help you understand all your buttons." Perfect. Just what I need for this brand- spanking new, completely professional, intimidating camera that I now own.
And I saw,"17 Again" with Zac Efron................now I get it. He is cute!

I tag Patience, Brooke G, and Amy C

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I like your post. I recently read Outliers. It was good, but very similar to his other books and I got a little bored half-way in. The latter chapters get quite redundant. Interesting concepts though.

susanjane said...

I love your notes and photos. First saw your posts when you were moving. I was looking over my own blog today, and saw my note and link about "Life is Beautiful". So I don't forget about your blog, I signed on as a follower! Thanks for sharing. Now I will have to spruce up my blog.
regards,
susanjane
river forest, illinois

The Garlocks.... said...

Umm, little busy are we!! That was a cute post! LOVE IT!! Umm, so did you tag Brooke Garner or Brooke Garlock!! You can't just put Brooke G..... How is Abigail's husband doing and Parkers wife doing? We MISS YOU TERRIBLY

The Bottjer Family said...

Good post. it made me think about how much I'm writing about the kiddos and I don't document what I've been up to. When I look back I won't have anything. Thanks for the good read and the reminder. Miss you!