Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More Philbrook

It was such a deliciously green day what with all the rain clouds and stormy weather. This is a shot taken from the passenger side window in my car.
Are you kidding me?? It's so beautiful I started laughing.......I just couldn't believe it was real and that I was staring right at it....and it wasn't a movie back drop or something. I half expected a hobbit to pop out from behind a tree.
Moms had a different reaction. She started crying- happy tears. The lush greenery reminded her of her life in Colombia, and her time in Wisconsin as an exchange student.
Besides having a wonderful day with my Mom at the museum and having a fantastic tour guide shows us the grounds......I made a friend that day. It turned out that our Docent showing us the museum was the head of the Interns at the Philbrook......and she was very interested in having me apply to the program.

What's crazy is that I had actually looked into being an Intern and later an Art Docent for the Museum before we moved to Oklahoma. I was flattered! She told me to stay put and went and got me an application. And the rest is history.
I start classes in Sept. And 27 weeks later I will have some serious knowledge about art history and will begin giving tours on my own!

1 comment:

The Herberts said...

How EXCITING! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!