Sunday, December 20, 2009

Corn Maize

Visiting the much advertised "Corn Maize" this Fall was a compelling opportunity to turn "lemons into lemonade." No, let me rephrase that.
This overly hyped, exaggerated "event" demanded us to make the best of the situation.
It was by far the lamest "family attraction" I've ever seen. And if we didn't make the best of it, the hour drive with a whiny,anxious 3 year- old would have been entirely in vain.
Amazingly enough, the pictures show the fun we had despite everything that was lacking, not working, or non-existent at this farm.


I must have had more than my usual 6 hours of sleep the night prior.....because instead of complaining, I burst out laughing at the pathetic-ness that stood before me. Case in point- Wesley's and my "cow ride" through the corn maize...sounds kind fun right?
It was in reality a "ride" in a water barrel, pulled by the worlds slowest John Deer lawn mower.
Nathan and I couldn't help but laugh the whole way through.
You might have noticed Sienna's nowhere to be found. Let's just say she used her free agency to make a very, very, bad choice. Nathan and I were actually really sad we couldn't take her with us, but we had to stick to our word. Sienna's absence was not lost on Wesley.
He enjoyed every minute of our undivided attention.




Wesley loved seeing the tractors, running rampant in the corn fields, and playing in the "Corn Box." This Corn Box was a large sandbox filled with kernels of corn instead of sand. And it had shovels and buckets a plenty. It was one of the quirky/redeeming "attractions" at the farm.
Speaking of redemption......I probably had more than my fair share of fun jumping into the bales of hay.
So long sourpuss..........hellooooo cowgirl.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love the fall colors. Hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas. Email me you new address when you have time. Happy new year!

Roney Family said...

Hey Beautiful friend, I Miss you and your family!

Unknown said...

That's wild! What an amazing photo shot of you in the air. Popcorn popping right before my eyes :D.

Unknown said...

Great Post. Thank you for sharing


fashion jewelry wholesale
wholesale jewelry
wholesale fashion jewelry