Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years

Our New Year's Eve began like this.......a peaceful drive to my Mom's house.
We only made one stop and at the
"Fireworks Mega SuperCenter" store.
(this is Oklahoma folks.....we don't mess around with fireworks in this here state).



And with plenty of sugar, and fun, we ended the kids New Years Eve with a bang. Despite the balmy 17 degree weather, and snow packed ground, Nathan managed to put on a mini firework show for the Peanut Gang.
The "sparklers" were definitely a big hit, and minus the thunderous booms,
the kids enjoyed the real fireworks Nathan lit into the starry sky.



And the evening ended like this.
Well, for the kids anyway.

The grown-ups ate, talked, ate some more, watched shows, ate, called family, and then it was midnight.

At 12 we shuffled outside and finished the fireworks.
Hurrah! Happy New Years!


I haven't made my New Year's Resolutions yet.......have you?
I have small pot of ideas simmering......and I must admit-
I smell a reoccurring theme.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Couldn't think of a better way to start the New Year! The pictures are awesome and your writing always brings a ray of sunshine into my days.

I'm surprised you haven't got any more comments to your witty and thoughtful writing. What's wrong with everybody?

Mom

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Great Post. Thank you for sharing


fashion jewelry wholesale
wholesale jewelry
wholesale fashion jewelry