Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bella & Bananas



















So this is Bella.......her tenure at out house is sketchy right now. She's cute....but she barks- a lot! She's yips at the slightest noise...yes, now I know after the fact that her breed (pom & chiwawa mix) is known for that. I don't know what to do. I am sure my neighbors have had it with us. I don't have the time to train her.

The pros to keeping her slightly outweigh the cons. The kids love her and it's good for Sienna to have something/someone to play with while Wesley naps in the afternoons. But she can also be really mean to Bella. And I never believed people who used to say "having a puppy is like having a baby." HAH! I scoffed at them...thinking "you have no idea what you're talking about my friend." But I stand corrected....(ok I sit corrected while I write this post ) They have to be potty-trained, they make noise, they cost money, they need shots, and I have to take her to the Dr's this week. It sounds all too familiar!! What have I done?





3 comments:

Roney Family said...

What a cutie! Looks like the kids are having a blast with her!!!

Sanchez Gang said...

that is why I don't have a dog!! how are you?? need to get together soon!

Amy said...

I love the one of Wesley and Bella together. Sorry its been so rough. It does get better though when they are potty trained. For the barking, try getting a pop can and filling it with a handful of tiny rocks and then tape it shut. Every time she barks shake the can and tell her firmly NO BARKING! Dogs hate the sound it makes. When she quiets down give her some positive affirmation. This is how my neighbor trained her dog to behave and it worked like a charm. Or you could also try a squirt bottle. And spry her in the face. You just have to be careful. The kids might pick up on this and they don't always spray with water, sometimes windex, or a sippy, or what every they find laying around. Good Luck!