Saturday, February 16, 2008

All You Need is LOve














Happy Valentine's Day!


My little Valentine muse wasn't so amused during her photo shoot...but she perked up a bit when I mentioned candy.


So it was a little anti-climatic having V-day on a Thursday...but all faired well in our household. I got pretty roses and a truly sweet card.


Nathan got a handmade card and a store bought Valentine-esy cake (I got in big trouble for throwing out Sienna's leftover birthday cake so this was my peace offering).

Sienna had two preschool parties and has been hopped up on sugar for days. She loved exchanging Valentine cards with her friends at school. And the day prior to Valentine's Day, and the day after, she gave "pretend" cards- where she'd hand you a random piece of paper or toy and say "HappyValentine's Day!"

And of course, my gorgeous boy is constantly showered with more than his fair share of hugs and kisses....and pinches......and squeeze the fat -on- the-thigh- couldn't- you- just -die kind of love.


Valentine's week also brought a somewhat unexpected addition to our family............no not that kind.....this one is much furrier in nature, will never weigh more than 5 lbs, and has the sublime benefit of never talking back. We got a puppy!! She is 3 mos. old and we just got her tonight. She's sleeping but we'll post pics soon. Her tenative name is Bella. She is a Pomerainian & Chiwawa mix (sp?). She has dark chocolate fur, and has for the moment, blue eyes.







P.S. made with love for my friend Joy, who lovingly reminded me my blog had not been updated for weeks!











































































9 comments:

The Bottjer Family said...

Very nice. Thanks for the dedication. Your pictures are cute, as always. Thanks for dinner last night too. It was yummy! Talk to you soon. =)

Roney Family said...

I love the Valentines pictures of the kids. Sounds like you guys have had a busy time. I cant believe you got a puppy!!! I am sure the kids are so excited! I just cant believe it. I can imagine that you are busy training the little puppy and the kids are attacking and loving her. Cant wait to see pictures! Love your new post!

The Garlocks.... said...

Ummmm...talk about being so offended that you have a blog and I HAVE NO IDEA. I totally thought we were friend!! Darling blog...Love the pictures!

Sanchez Gang said...

hey jess.. didn't know you blogged... I add you to mine.. hope you don't care! peace out and hope you are doing good!
Lacey

Christine said...

Hey Jessica ... love your blog .... super cute pictures!

Amy said...

What a fun week. I love valentines! OK I can't believe that you got a puppy. I Know Nathan has wanted a dog forever and I'm sure that the kids are thrilled. But what about you. I know just how much work they are to train. Good luck and can't wait to see some pics of the little one.

Amy said...

ps i tagged you no pressure though

Denyse said...

I didn't know you had a blog?! And a very cute one...I love all your pictures! And oh my goodness your pup sounds super cute, I want to meet him!

brooklyn said...

so fun to "catch up"! wesley and sienna are amazingly beautiful kids, and you are gorgeous as ever! what a fun life you have (a puppy!) out there.