Friday, March 28, 2008

Caio Bella


Well, you can't say I didn't try.....last night we said good-bye to our puppy Bella. Ya know I hate to be a quitter or give-up but this situation was just not working out. I just gave her back to her original owner last night. It was incredibly hard to have a puppy- it really was like bringing home an infant. Crazy hard- messy etc. But it seemed worth it for awhile to see Sienna so happy. But then it wore off and Sienna started being mean to her- I mean really mean. And Bella was so skittish,scared, and jittery around us all. I think because the kids were always running after her. She seemed scared and unsure and unhappy. And she started barking/yipping all the time....we got her potty trained for awhile and then this last week she totally regressed and I had several accidents a day in my house...she didn't want to eat her food (just our crumbs from the floor) for the last 2 weeks or so. I mean it was just ridiculous- it was not working.

She was loved, but it's all for the best. On the upside we learned a lot :

I am not ready for another child

We will not have another pet again

I am not ready for another child

We will not have another pet again

3 comments:

Roney Family said...

You lasted longer then I did. I had a puppy for a day. Just way too much work. I have a hard enough time with my kids!!!! Good for you friend!

The Bottjer Family said...

Sorry to see Bella go.....

Natalie said...

Hey, at least you gave it a shot, right? Live and learn. My kids keep BEGGING for a pet, but I really don't see it happening.