Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Great Pretender




So a couple mornings ago I walked downstairs to find this:
"Sienna! What are you doing?"


"Putting on make-up."

"Sienna that's not make-up those are stamps for letters."


"I know Mom-I'm just pretending."


Well, I guess I better take a picture. That's what you're supposed to do right? There's that annoying, some what shrill voice that plays in my mind, " This is cute you need to take a picture, don't be mad just enjoy it." Ok so on the grand scheme of things THIS particular incident was nothing. Let's take the picture.


"Sienna, what are you doing?"

"I'm smiling."


"That is not a smile."


"I know Mom I'm just pretending."

"Stop pretending- smile for real."




Sheesh!

6 comments:

The Bottjer Family said...

That's a good way to handle it. Way to go!

Amy said...

Love it. The way little tykes think just cracks me up! Sorry to hear about the dog situation. All I can say is its a good thing for Wrigley that we got her well before we had kids or it might be off the "farm" for her too. The "farm" is where Chads dad to him they took there childhood pet when he was younger. Dogs are a lot of work when they are puppies. Don't give up on the idea though. Once your kids are a little bigger maybe you could invest in a full size TRAINED dog. You know one that is great with kids doesn't bark loves to play fetch is a good companion and a loyal guardian. Who am I kidding does a dog like that actually exist!?!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

that is so hilarious! your page is adorable!! we still need to get together someday!!

Angela Fuller said...

Jessica I love your blog. I would have wanted to scream at Brayden if he had ink all over his face but taking the pictures was a much better idea. Sometimes we forget what it's like to pretend. I loved the slide show of Sienna. Her dress was very pretty. I think every girl deserves one daughter to dress up and take pictures of. Keep in touch.

Natalie said...

Awww, these photos are ADORABLE! Was the ink hard to wash off, though?

Nettie said...

That's hilarious! I love her pretend smile. Did you tell her to pretend cleaning it up? She's so darling, Jessica!