Wednesday, April 2, 2008

First Timer




It's official, Sienna is all grown-up. She gave her very first Primary talk a few weeks ago. Maybe it's silly, but I just can't believe it- my little girl talking to all the "big kids" in Primary. And wouldn't you know it- Sunday I woke up with pink-eye stink-eye! I didn't get to see her.

And me being a first time Mom, with my first child, with a first time talk I had no idea what to do. There were no directions on the slip of paper she was given, no hints, no suggested length, or number of pictures to use.

After much debate I decided to have Sienna "read" a book. Sienna is amazing when it comes to memorizing. She wants to read so badly, that she'll have us read her the same book over and over again till she has it mostly memorized and then she'll turn the pages and "read" to us almost verbatim the words in the book.

The topic of Sienna's talk was "Jesus Christ is my Savior." That's a heavy topic for a full fledge adult, let alone my little fledging.

Anyway, the book we chose had pictures of Christ in different stages of his life and ministry.

So as Nathan held the book for her and turned the pages, Sienna "read" to the Primary kids. Nathan said that she was completely confident and natural and aced with flying colors- that's my girl!

I love you Pooh Bear- I'm so proud of you!


3 comments:

Roney Family said...

Good for her. That can be super scary. I am sure she did the best job ever! I love those pictures of her. What a little cutie!!

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

she is so adorable! taylor had to do that same talk a few weeks ago! and it was her first time also, so i totally know what you mean.

The Garlocks.... said...

oh cute! Way to go! So, you never emailed me back!! I want you to do pictures! Call me or email me when where what to wear and such! How are things going? When are we going to last Chance? Hopefully soon!!!