Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mimi

May brought Aunt Mimi to our house! Mimi is the nickname we gave my older sister when Sienna couldn't say Marissa- the real name of my sister who lives in L.A. She is such a great aunt! A couple times a year we bribe her to come and stay with us. So she packs her bags to come and play "nanny" for a few days.

Every time she visits we have so much fun with her. She plays with the kids and reads them books, and plays dress-up with Sienna. And the greatest expression of love for me- she changes diapers!



Aunt Mimi came this month to hang with me and also to watch the kids for a night so Nathan and I could stay at a resort in Scottsdale-a birthday gift Nathan had arranged for me. My two favorite things I did with my sister was going see the movie "Baby Mama"-which we loved, and taking her to the Craft store Mecca- also known as Hobby Lobby. We had a blast shopping together!

So here are some pictures of things we did;





We went to a place in Chandler called Makutus. It's a 20,000 square foot, indoor play house. The pictures don't do it justice, but it's basically a massive tree with slides, a zip line, fire pole, holes to hide in, and secret passage ways. There are several play areas with different themes...but this tree one was my favorite. It was so much fun. We absolutely loved it!! It was a tough call who enjoyed it more, Sienna or Nathan. They were like two peas in a pod- running around together, playing hide and seek, racing each other and going on slides together.

Here is a picture of one of the crazy slides we went on. And I had to laugh at Wesley inspecting this fish that looks a lot like him. As far as Sienna goes, I am notorious for telling her, "If you want us to bring you back here you'd better smile!!!" Or any other variation of the same idea- so I do get forced smiles a lot....here are just a few.
















Aunt Mimi really had her hands full watching two VERY active children. But she was up to the challenge. She fed the kids dinner, put them to bed, woke-up early with them, fed them breakfast, and sent Sienna off to school and put Wesley down for a nap.

We had so much fun with her. She will be missed. We love you Aunt Mimi! Come back soon!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So glad you had a well deserved getaway! How fun for you to have your sis come to visit- I wish mine would more often! I love Makutus island too. I agree that it is a place for the daddy's & kiddos alike. :)

Roney Family said...

How fun to have you sister come and hang with you. I am sure the kids love it! The pictures are adorable!