Sunday, June 15, 2008

To my Dad

Happy Father's Day Dad! What a great father you are!! Ok- so we didn't get along so great when I was a teenager...but it was only uphill from there! We thought we were so different from each other- but ironically these last few years have proved the opposite. We are so similar it's scary. I inherited not only your good looks but also your neuroses!
When I got into B.Y.U. after high school I knew you were proud of me. And it made me happy to know that I made you happy by going to your Alma Mater. And you were supportive the whole way through. By supportive I mean that you sustained me all my years there so I could focus on my school work. Thank you, thank you Dad.
And you supported me when I got married. You truly embraced Nathan as another son. He has always felt loved and accepted by you. And again, you paid for my beautiful wedding and reception. And you've helped us build our life and family over these last 7 years. Thank you so much Dad.
And most of all when I was struggling the most in my life and everything was at stake, you sacrificed for me more than most husbands could- you lent me Mom for months on end when I truly needed her. You have been alone a lot these past few years. And I'll never forget that Dad.
What I am trying to say is that nothing important or meaningful in my life would have been possible without....you. I love you Dad. XOXOXO, me
Posted by Picasa

No comments: