Sunday, June 1, 2008

Learning to Love Chaos

Ya know that really old movie with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman? Where he learns he is terminally ill with cancer while his wife is expecting? Oh it is so sad and so good!! I cried for days after watching that. Well, in that movie there's a part where he talks about his deep fear of riding roller coasters. His therapist/healer friend tells him he needs to come to terms with this fear because it analogous to life in general and specifically with raising kids. The healer tells him that learning to love a roller coaster is a way to learn to love life and enjoy the chaos- or at least be o.k. with it. I've thought about this a lot since having children....trying to find meaning and happiness in the chaos.....and every year I get closer and enjoy it more. That's why I love this picture of me and Sienna screaming while riding on this roller coaster together. This was my favorite part of my Mother's Day weekend.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Roney Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Cute Pictures!

Sanchez Gang said...

Hey jess,
thakns for all the cute clothes!! i was totally stylin' at girls camp and everyone asked about my jacket! hope all is well and I will chat with later!! lover the roller coaster pics!!
lots of love!
L

Tom and Kassie said...

Hey Jess, check out my blog! I put the pics you took on there. Hope you don't mind I also added the link to your photography website so everyone can see how awesome you are for themselves! Thanks again!!!!!

Natalie said...

I totally agree about "finding the meaning and the happiness in the chaos". Great analogy there.

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

How fun!!! Great pics! Love, PJ