Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Think Pink



This was an unusual 4th of July for us. Sienna was out-of-town with family so Nathan and I decided to finally paint her room pink. Her room was painted a minty-green but I guess she didn't like it because every chance she got she'd remind us that wanted it to be pink. Sooooo, Nathan and I did a mini-makeover.


As per request,we painted the walls pink, put up some chair railing and shelving. I re-painted all our hand- me -down furniture to cover up all of Sienna's "artistic expressions." Then we threw on some decorations I've had for awhile and voila! Actually, I'm making light of it, it really took a long time and it was definitely a labor of love. And you can honestly feel that when you walk in the room- it's amazing.


So, when Sienna came home on Saturday morning I was hiding in her "new room" with the camera (P.S. super sorry the camera goes crazy..I was trying to get all the different angles of the room....and sorry she's in her undies-she'd just gone to the bathroom). I'm not sure how much you'll hear but it is hilarious!!!! Besides her love of the pink color...the best part is when she looks in her "new" bedside table....and shouts, "Jesus is in here!!." We have a little picture of Christ that we keep near her bed and I happened to put in in the top drawer where she found it. Too funny!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKV6bJ_XFU

2 comments:

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

that is so cute! wow you guys did an awesome job, i need to have you come do my girls room, ha ha!

Amy said...

Adorable! I can't believe how grown up she is. The last time I saw her she was just learning how to walk. I love how her room turned out. She is such a doll. Do you guys want to come do Finley and Tuckers room?!?