Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weather Report

While driving into town a few weeks ago I was blown away by these storm clouds. July I think, is the official beginning of Monsoon season (crazy rain and flash floods) here in Arizona. I took these pictures just before a downpour.
July......has been interesting. Okay that's a lie...it was probably the worst month for me this year. It seemed to me that as the temperature soared my patience plummeted. We were all especially grouchy this month. The kids fought so much it was insane. I'm talking within 1-3 minutes of sharing the same oxygen they were screaming at each other. It was as if they hated each other. I played referee for 8-12 hours everyday. I would literally wake-up...to the sound of one them crying and say a quick prayer," Heavenly Father, please help me not to kill my children. Amen."
Granted Wesley is on the brink of 2 (heaven help us all). And like most 2 year-olds, he is hot-tempered, feisty, loud, moody and selfish (or is that just my 2 year-olds?). He screeches and squawks like no other. I think because it's so hot we, like most everyone else, avoid going out as much as possible so the kids are cooped up and climbing the walls. There were lots of things going on in July that contributed to the chaos....but whatever the reason it was the "perfect storm."
But......I survived without losing all hope and feeling like a failure as a Mom (by the skin of my teeth). The remedy?? lots of crying, praying, pep talks from Mom, daily doses of Popsicles, 4 new church cds (to play in the living room, in the car, in the playroom etc.), and a few strategically placed kiddy gates to separate them for awhile. So after looking through this month's pictures.....I did manage to find some silver lining amidst all the clouds...........

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Wow! Incredible picture's!