Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bubba's Back

Yeah!! I am so excited when family comes to visit. Bubba is back for Thanksgiving (Bubba is my nickname for my younger brother Matt). I picked him up from the airport and we went sraight to our favorite restaurant -Lucille's Barbeque. Lucille's always hits the spot because we both love soul food & Jazz. Think of mouth-watering barbeque chicken, creamy sweet potatoes, and warm peach cobbler topped with ice cream.
My brother and I are so different it's hard to believe we share the same blood. And we have such different lives. In some ways he seems more like an older brother (which may be because he always pays for my dinner & movies). He is street smart, a perfectionist, incredibly observant, has great business sense, and really knows how to make money.
I am not sure what role I play in his life......but we've always been close. When I was young and talked about "going off to college" he'd remind me that he was small enough to fit in a suitcase. My siblings say that visiting me gives them a sense of normalcy. But my life and my children are headed on a one-way track to crazy.
Go figure.

No comments: