Sunday, November 16, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa Arrive!

Here's Grandpa giving Wesley a very special toy airplane he picked out just for him.





For some people, the thought of their Mom & Dad visiting could be seriously bad news.........but not for me!!! I was so excited to have my parents visit in October! I haven't seen them for 10 months. Thank heavens for blogs- that's how they watch my kids grow. My parents live in Saudi Arabia so it's a major deal when they come see us in the States. It is a grueling trip for even the heartiest traveler. The flights are expensive and travel time takes anywhere from 24-36 hours of flying + layovers just to get here. But Mom and Dad are troopers and were all smiles when I picked them up from the airport.



Whenever they visit, Mom always goes straight to her suitcase and starts unpacking her gifts for the kids. The gift-giving started even earlier this trip when Dad had a stash of Paradise Bakery cookies (my favorite!) for me to enjoy on the drive back home.


This painting was a gift to Sienna & Wesley. My Mom is a very talented artist and painted this original design for the kids' playroom. It is so peaceful, serene, and beautiful. It was definitely a labor of love. And we truly love it Mom- thank you!!


Sienna wearing her Saudi "princess"clothes Grandma bought for her while Grandpa reads her a book. Honest to goodness...the kids probably love books more than anything.

We adjusted to life with Grandma & Grandpa effortlessly. It was such an easy transition this time around...we completely enjoyed each other.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love when my family comes to visit. I still can't believe how far away yours live. Your mom looks GREAT! And cute kids, as always!

Jenny said...

Hooray for grandparents! your mom is so radiant & talented- you are obviously her daughter. what a beautiful painting! i loved meeting her when she was here last. Have so much FUN together!!

Roney Family said...

How fun to have them there. Sienna is truly beautiful. You are going to have your hands full with her. I mean, she is stunning. And of course Wesley is adorable!!!