Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Route 66

Bet you're wondering why I posted this clip from the movie "Oklahoma." Wellllll, it's because we are moving there! I know...crazy...random...out-of-blue. The whole thing happened so quickly. Long story short...ok shorter...us picking up and moving all the way across the States to Tulsa, Oklahoma without knowing a soul, was the result of one sentence in a Christmas card.
Last year, Nathan's parents sent out a Christmas card giving updates about each of their children. In that card they mentioned a little line about Nathan seeking better job opportunities. Flash forward a few weeks and Nathan gets a phone call from a long-standing family friend about a job in Oklahoma. A few days later he's on a plane for an interview....job landed even before Nathan's plane touched the tarmac. A week later he's at the corporate office in Omaha, Nebraska preparing for a major project in Oklahoma. Phew!
It's pretty crazy.....but how could we be anything but overwhelmingly grateful to be given a job during these times. I'm not gonna lie....I'm scared. I am not a big fan of change. But the defining moment for me happened one night when I remembered Elder Wirthlin's Conference talk...'come what may and love it.' The more I embrace it the more excited I get about seeing everything Oklahoma has to offer. But there will be tears. I will be sobbing when we drive away from the Valley of the Sun. Arizona has become home to us...and we will miss it terribly....but more than anything we will truly, truly, miss all of you.

6 comments:

clybbert said...

Joy mentioned you were moving! Good luck in your new adventure, I hope everything works out in your favor. You guys will make fast friends. Good luck!

-Parker and Char

P.S. PLEASE update your blog with all your new adventures. I enjoy "blog stalking" you guys!

The Garlocks.... said...

okay, thanks for making me CRY again for the second time tonight. I don't want you to move at all NOT ONE BIT! I'm so sad...Seriously I am very very very sad...I cried the whole time I read the post. Will you come back? As long as you come back i won't be that sad! I am so glad that he is working and I know it is a great blessing for you guys BUT still....I think I need to stop having my "you know whats" because I am just way to emotional!! So, we have a list of things to do...Namely LAST CHANCE!!

Jera Farnsworth said...

Are you SeRiOuS! That is awesome and wonderful and sad! I am so glad that Nathan found a great job from a Christmas card- what a blessing! I think Oklahoma will be a fun place to take pics- can't wait for those posts! BTW Oklahoma! (the musical) has a special place in my heart it was my first musiCAL! just bringing back the memories! I will miss you for sure! Keep us posted on your adventure!

Roney Family said...

Im Excited, now I get to come and see you there!!!

Amy said...

How can you not love a state with that kind of a theme song. We are getting further and further away from each other. I loved reading all of your updates and seeing the beautiful photos. More amazing experiences are yet to be had!

Jenny said...

Jess-
OK- as in Oklahoma. Now i know why...congrats on your hubby's new promising job! Seriously..Come What May and Love It! I know you will. I will miss you terribly. if you have time we should meet up at freestone before you go. i miss our park play days.
x0X0