Friday, May 22, 2009

One Sunday Afternoon

A dreamy, overcast Sunday afternoon in May. I wanted to take pictures because I loved how dark the wood looked and how green the grass was from the fresh rain. And I wanted to relish in the fact that I proved Nathan wrong. He said we would never use the brown cable sweater Wesley is sporting (that I had recently bought, on clearance, in a size that barely fit him, but couldn't say good-bye to). A hah! (And in case you're wondering...yes I totally have to bribe them to smile, to stay still, and hold hands)
Sienna just shy of 5 1/2.....is so ready for Kindergarten!
My monkey....is 2 1/2 years old and wants to go to school with Sienna. Everyday he's sad when it's time to drop her off and says, "want to go with us." (Because we always say, "Wesley, do you want to go with us?") I keep telling him that big kid schools don't like diapers and that he's got to use his big boy underwear if he wants to be with Sienna. No dice.
P.S. We took these pictures in front of the "house." We have a long deck with stairs that leads you from the carport to the front door.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jessica said...

She has to bribe me too....(nathan)

Mir said...

These pics are so cute!

Amy said...

I love how you edited those photos. I Just talked to Jen Springer (Nartch....something or other) Can't believe you know her! Small world. And CRAZY weather. I would be cussing too!

Unknown said...

The rustic backdrops are a ideal compliment to the 3 photos. I would have thought you were vacationing in the Appalacian mountains. It's so woodsy and green.