Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tulsa Zoo

Very appropriate signage.....my monkeys at the Zoo nearby. I love this place! It is only 15 minutes away (20 if I get lost). I see more animals here, up close and personal than the San Diego Zoo or the Phoenix Zoo. It's just the way they have the animals displayed? I'm not sure how to phrase it. But there are always windows that the animals can come right up to and interact with you. For instance...the picture below. Me and the kids had been watching the chimps for awhile and as we were walking away this particular primate scurried over and was saying hello? to Sienna. It was so funny and surprising and cute. The very next second Sienna put her palm on the glass where the monkey's was but I missed the shot- it was like a E.T. moment!

My monkey mining for raisins. The kids were SO hungry that day. Are my kids the only ones that are hungry every 30 minutes to an hour?? Sheesh!
Picture below: See what I'm talking about? We are so close to the Jaguar (that's Wesley's head pressed against the glass). This jungle cat was beautiful! And very elusive...it made one lap and went back into it's cave and never came out again. I am so glad I got this shot.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: