Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chinese Movie Night



So about 2 Friday's ago I found myself distraught and without a baby-sitter. It had been a crazy week that included, 2 different house guests, a one-day trip to Arizona, and a few delayed flights. And so with all the confusion I forgot to call a sitter and would not have my hallowed date night with my guy.
Buttttttttttttt instead of being a pill about it, I surprised myself and embraced it. I thought it'd be fun to eat Chinese food because Sienna came home from school awhile back and asked me what chopsticks were.
I also thought it'd be fun to let the kids pick out a movie for the family to watch. The kids adamantly picked "Beverley Hills Chihuahua." So adamantly in fact that you could hear it up and down aisle 13 at Wal-Mart.
So after giving each of them "the real" movie we were going to buy (although they each had the same movie, in kiddie world it appeared that Sienna had the "real" movie and that's the one Wesley wanted) we picked up our food on the way and headed home.
Wesley loved the Pad Thai and ate it by the fistfuls. After dinner we made a makeshift "fort" and watched the show under there. It's sad to admit....but this is the first time we have all sat and watched a movie together, from start to finish. We'll definitely do it again- it was fun and quirky....which for me, made a great family night.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mir said...

Cute!

Roney Family said...

What a fun night! I love it when nights turn out good like that!