Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dallas or Bust


A few weekends ago we had the chance to go to Dallas for a super quick weekend trip. It went by so quickly I hardly remember a thing. But what I do remember-distinctly- was the weather. It was 105 degrees with 98% humidity. Walking to a from the car was misery, I literally felt like I would drop dead. If I never experience that again, it's too soon.
We drove to Dallas (in part to drop off Sienna with relatives) and also because one of Nathan's work colleagues invited us to visit he and his family in Texas. And put us up in a swanky Hilton by a lake.
We had a such a nice time with their family and the kids couldn't have had more fun in their luxury pool. And I was in awe of their mansion. It was unbelievable. I couldn't help but feel a tintsy bit sorry for myself and we made our way back to our cheerful (?) den in Tulsa.
While we were there we visited the Dallas World Aquarium....which for all intents and purposes was supposed to be amazing....which in turn was supposed to justify the cost of getting into the joint. Unfortunately.....it was pretty lame, very stinky, and in no way merits a visit. Bummer for us! We did see a "Bird-eating Tarantula" so at least I checked that off my to-do list.

No comments: