Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's in a Name?

I have to ask;

Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Something kind of quirky about me that drives Nathan crazy is my use of nicknames for the kids. Maybe not so much the use....but the sheer volume of them. Or maybe because they change with the wind and are ever evolving. I couldn't have counted all the nicknames I had for Sienna her first year of life. And the tradition has continued with Wesley. I don't know what it is...but their real name is not the first name that comes to my mind or my mouth. It's always something different. I have to consciously remind myself to use their actual name- especially in public I forget. So just for kicks and giggles, here is the list as of late;

Sienna: Pooh bear, Bear, Goo-Goo bear, Goo-Goos, Bear-Bear, Sienna-Bear,

Wesley: Puppy, Puppers, Pup Pup, Gorgeous, Fatty, Faddy-wadigans, Handsome, and my personal favorite-McFatty

2 comments:

Nettie said...

That is so funny. I am the same way. In fact, I call one of mine McFaddy too. They make the kids feel loved, I think.

the speers said...

Jessica-- you are so cute! caden's nick names change daily, too! I love it! :D Anyway, i saw you an tina's blog, so I thought I'd say hi! :D